Expat France | living in France.

www.superfrenchie.com lacoquette.blogs.com samdebretagne.blogspot.com www.petiteanglaise.com www.french-word-a-day.com

Go Back   Expat France | living in France. > In and around Annecy
Googlemap ME Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2007, 23:05
Forum admin

Question Annecy Expat Friends (meet up)

Greetings everyone

A few members have suggested we organise a small group of Expat France members and meet up once a month at a café or at peoples homes.

UPDATE: 1st June 2008
Since My first Post there have been many successfuly large meetups every few months or so in The Pâquier, but remember in addition to these, there are more frequent smaller meetups* that members organise themselves and that meet at cafés in Annecy centre ville so check this thread frequently. :-D

*Including the famous "Le dernier Vendredi Club!" that have been meeting on the last Friday of the month for around many years. Please email
swatson @ esi-intl.com [Steve Watson] to be added to mailing list.

Last edited by david-giorgi : 10th August 2010 at 09:09.
Old 19th March 2007, 00:23

I would love to once I get there. I won't be in Annecy until the end of August. I will be on my own with my children for a couple of weeks until my mother-in-law visits in mid-September (she is from Annecy) and it would be great to meet others living in the area.

Does anyone know about the language school in Annecy? I'm looking at the Institute Francais D'Annecy. It is the closest to where I'm staying and also the cheapest.

Patricia
Old 31st March 2007, 14:33

Default Meet up

I would be interested in coming to the meet-up...let me know when it gets started. I live in Annecy near the center in "les Romains" neighborhood. I love it here!
Old 31st March 2007, 14:49

If you are speaking of IFALPES, I went to this school and loved it! I went for a year and found the teachers helpful and interesting, and I met people from all over the world.
Old 1st April 2007, 05:26

Default Ifalpes

Yes, I will be attending IFALPES. There are several language immersion programs in the area and I was having a hard time finding out which one was good. They all sound alike. The French Consulate and the Alliance Francaise, which is where I am studying now, both recommend IFALPES.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Patricia

Last edited by Patricia : 1st April 2007 at 05:29.
Old 1st April 2007, 12:46

I'm in Annecy too. I'd like to meet up with everyone!
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:48

Default spring break in Annecy

Actually, I am on spring break now for 2 weeks. (I am a speech pathologist in Geneva in the international school). I am not going out of town this break and would love to meet for an apero or coffee with anyone who is around.
Old 2nd April 2007, 19:22

Hi all, I live in annecy with my husband - actually sevrier but close enough! We would love to meet up - thanks david for setting up this thread. Seems like Marla -- you are the only one here (like us) as others who have replied to date are on their way... so to speak.. So if its okay david we could start with a mini group before you get here??

Marla, If you wish steve and I would be pleased to meet for a drink in town. Or with anyone else if we already have a group??

Re the Schools, steve and i went to CILFA. We have the problem of travelling for business all the time so we could not attend the min 15 hr week schedule they have with other students. so we opted for a class of 3 specially organised for us, and another lady who was in a similar situation. CILFA are wonderful though. I would easy recommend them. The details of the person i dealt with, and will again when we start up our lessons in May is as follows...

Jean-François Stellio
Directeur du CILFA
dir@cilfa.fr
Tél : +33 (0)4 50 09 15 44
Fax : +33 (0)4 50 09 61 40
www.cilfa.fr

Sally
Old 2nd April 2007, 19:25

sorry jennylynn - i said marla was the only one out there who was free to catch up. didnt see yours tehre. my post applies to you as well of course!
Sally
Old 3rd April 2007, 06:53

Default apero café leffe?

Well, how about an apero on the terrasse of Café Leffe, rue Paquier, on Wednesday evening? (the fourth) We could meet at 6:30 or 7!00, depending on people's work schedules. (I'm on vacation, so free) Let me know, and I'll be sitting there with a red book on the table so you can find me.